Assign 3-WK10(A. Assignment: Practicum Journal: Texas State Practice Agreements
In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals. In other states, however, NPs have a wide range of “restrictive” practice ranging from requirements for a “supervising” physician to requirements for a “collaborative” agreement with a physician.
In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will examine the requirements of your own state (Texas) in order to prepare yourself for the realities of practice upon graduation.
· Analyze Texas state Psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) practice agreements
· Analyze physician collaboration issues
· Analyze barriers to PMHNP independent practice
· Create plans for addressing state PMHNP practice issues
· Review practice agreements in your state (Analyze Texas state Psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) practice agreements)
· Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state (Texas)
· Identify and explain at least two physician collaboration issues in your state (Texas).
· Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in your state.
· Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE INTRODUCTION, CONCLUSION AND REFERENCES LESS THAN FIVE YEARS OLD