BStT322 Independent Project.
- BOTH OF THIS ARE ATTACH AS A FILE!
- Independent Project Data – Excel (329 KB) (this file contains the data and descriptions of the study)
- Independent Project Data Raw Data to Upload to StatCrunch – Excel (329 KB) (upload this “clean” data file to StatCrunch)
Using the data set supplied in StatCrunch, provide the following for the variable(s) of your choice:
- Frequency distribution of a variable and bar graph of the same variable
- Descriptives of a continuous variable: mean, median, skewness, kurtosis, standard deviation and graph of that variable
- Cross tabulation of two variables
- Comparison of the effect of three or more groups (single variable) on a single continuous variable
- Scatterplot of two continuous variables
- Correlation between the two continuous variables from #5 above
Think carefully about what kind of variables to choose for the given tasks.
A short descriptive statement should accompany each of the above including a description of the variables used and any meaning that may be attached to the results. The student must show that she or he is able to synthesize and apply the materials learned in class. Part of the class computer time is expected to be spent on this project. Submit to the appropriate Drop Box in a Word document.
Grading on this project is as follows:
3 points for each task 1-6: 1 point each for variable choice, appropriate display/test, description of result.
2 points for overall format/readability/construct (the writing and graphs should be formal and of publishable quality as you would see in a journal article)