Group Behavior In Organizations.
Group Behavior in Organizations – Final Paper
Choose a generic organization (manufacturing plant, hospital, etc.). Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Your research has identified the following problems:
· Role conflicts within groups
· Communication problems among group members
· Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members
· Excessive intergroup conflict
In an eight- to ten-page paper with six scholarly sources, include the following:
· Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
· Explanation of how each problem could impact a group’s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
· Recommendations to resolve each problem
· Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
· Must be 4000-5000 words in length, and formatted according to APA style
· Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must document all sources in APA style.
· Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.
· Must use at least six scholarly sources, in addition to the course text.
Coget, J. and Losh, S. (2018). Group behavior in organizations (2nd ed.). [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/