Scenario: You are an HR manager of a company that since its inception has only operated locally. In a recent meeting your boss informed you that the company is planning to go global in the next 1 to 2 years. She would like an introduction from you on HR related issues for a global operation.
Create a 8- to 10-slide presentation, with speaker notes, including the following:
- List and briefly describe methods for staffing global organizations. Include pros and cons for each method.
- Identify five competencies important to selection of candidates for global assignments that are essential to success.
- Describe pre-departure onboarding opportunities you would recommend to enhance the global experience. Onboarding examples may include the expatriate as well as family members.
- Describe ongoing training and development opportunities that are essential while on global assignments.
- Describe repatriation policies that will attract and retain global talent.
- Identify U.S. employment laws and ethical responsibilities to consider in staffing for global assignments.
- Submit your assignment.