INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR MANAGERS
Answer all the questions:
1. Imagine you work for a large service provider (e.g., a telecom company). Discuss the importance of information governance and information security, considering that a good percentage of your sales force, service people, and managers work remotely at least part of the time.
2. As a manager you are or will be amassing large amounts of data. Like never before decisions are very complex and time sensitive. Discuss how a well implemented business analytics tool could help improve the quality of your business decisions.
3. Technology is developing at an overwhelming pace to most managers, who will ultimately make the decision to invest on them or not. What is the purpose of IT Strategy? Why is IT Strategy important for a business? Take one of those new technological developments and discuss it in terms of future opportunities and challenges for established companies & business models, and ultimately established business fields (e.g., accounting, HR, Marketing). In your opinion, how can this new technology development tie into an IT Strategy?
4. Discuss why most companies fail to realize the full potential of ERP implementations.
- APA 7th Edition required throughout the paper.
- The key is the completeness and thoroughness of the answer. Ensure that you provide context to the answer including specific details, metrics, diagrams, and correct use of terminology.
- Marks are only given on what is written not what you planned to write. The reader will not fill in the gaps of information. A well written paper teaches the reader.
- No word limit.
- No plagiarism.