Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze the human, structural and strategic dimensions of the organizational development (2.4)
- Be sure to use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed references and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
Please read the case study entitled as “Top Management Team at Ortiv Glass Corporation.” available in your textbook “Organization Development & Change” 10th edition by Cummings, T and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
- Q.1 Why it is important for a group design to be congruent with the larger organization design. Support your answer using two examples from this case study (1.5 marks) (Words 200-300)
- Q.2 How the group design of Ortiv’s Glass Corporation could positively or negatively impact on the diagnosis of design components at the individual level. (1.5 Marks) (Words 200-300)
Discussion questions: please refer to chapter five in your textbook and answer the following questions on the basis of your understanding:
- Q.3 Discuss why ‘alignment’ is fundamental to diagnosis in OD. (1 mark) (Words 150-200)
- Q.4 Discuss how the rate of change and complexity of environments could influence organizations. (1 mark) (Words 150-200)