Hondo Case – Downward, Upward, & Horizontal (Business Communications).
You will write THREE separate letters (downward,upward & horizontal), using proper formatting.
1. Using the HONDO case, you will assume the role of the character of George Mackee for the purpose of writing the letters.
2. Write a DOWNWARD letter to your subordinates regarding your decision, consequences, actions, etc.
3. Write an UPWARD letter to Bill regarding your decision, keeping in mind how Bill dropped the whole decision into your lap (as stated in the case).
4. Write a HORIZONTAL letter to your contemporaries (other managers at other plant locations) to gather information to help you in making your decision(s).
5. Be thorough in your letters. Include details; be vigilant with spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. Use Times New Roman, 12 point font, and 1 inch margins. BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE ITEMS BELOW as appropriate as well as ending the email with an email signature from George Mackee. To: From: CC: BCC: Subject: ***Review: spacing, length, word usage/choice, relevant content, conciseness, spelling/grammar/punctuation, tone, audience reaction/ethics.
ELIMINATE THIS, THERE, IT, THAT, THEIR FROM YOUR SUBMISSIONS PLEASE.