Inventory Management Systems. Your sister owns a small clothing store. During a conversation at a family dinner, she mentions her frustration with having to manually track and reorder high demand items. She would like an automated system but has a very small budget.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you create a plan for a low-cost automated inventory system in which you:
- Describe all the necessary equipment.
- Explain the costs involved in the creation of the system.
- Describe the ongoing maintenance that will be required.
- Provide a workflow diagram in Visio or equivalent software to illustrate how the system will work.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
While this project has no specific budget, it needs to be something that a small retail store can afford to purchase and maintain. The owner isn’t very computer-savvy. Since she is your sister, she may expect you to help any time something goes amiss.
A successful design will Aside from keeping the costs reasonable, you’ll need to keep the system simple and give a very specific and complete description of the components.
Your workflow diagram should illustrate all of the business processes that this system will affect. You must create this on your own: Do not copy one you find on the Internet! Figures 1-14 and 1-15 in the textbook illustrate a simple business model. Please import your diagram(s) into your paper; separately submitted files will not be graded.