LensCrafters Case Study.
This assignment requires students complete an analysis of the LensCrafters case from Chapter 6 of the text.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate LensCrafters’ operations strategy and explain how the organization seeks to gain a competitive advantage in terms of sustainability.
- Analyze how operation management activities affect the customer experience. Select two (2) operation management challenges and provide the solutions for confronting them.
- Examine LensCrafters’ value chain and evaluate its effectiveness to operations in terms of quality, value creation, and customer satisfaction.
- Determine the different types of performance measurements that can be used to measure LensCrafters’ service-delivery system design. Select at least two (2) types that can be applied and provide justifications for the selection.
- Examine the different types of technologies applied to LensCrafters’ service operations and evaluate how the technologies strengthen the value chain.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format may be different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details (more information and an example is included in the Strayer Writing Standards left menu link).
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the concept of operations management.
- Compare and contrast the difference between a supply chain and a value chain.
- Analyze the types of measures used for decision making.
- Analyze the five key competitive priorities and their relationship to operations strategy.
- Analyze different types of technology and their role in manufacturing and service operations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in operations management.
- Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing mechanics.