Local Area Network Design And Setup.
A case study:
Local Area Network design and configuration
There is an organisation which is primarily e-commerce business. It is going through a major transformation because of its expansion. The expansion is due to merger of two smaller businesses to the organisation. Now, the organisation is moving to a new building having about 100 employees. The new building is of three floors. The ground floor is for reception, foyer and warehouse so there is a need of five data points at reception, four in warehouse and two in foyer. The 1st floor consists of five offices and forty open plan office cubicles. The 2nd floor consists of three rooms, each room have four office cubicles, two offices and thirty open plan cubicles. There is also a meeting room at 2nd floor that requires four data points. Each and every person needs two data points at their desk whether it’s an office, room cubicle or open plan cubicle. Each floor also needs wireless connectivity.
This organisation needs a new LAN plan, design and implementation before they move to new facility.
Design a local area network for the given case study.
Write a report on a network plan and configurations having following sections:
1. Analyse the need for the network for above case study. Investigate and propose a suitable complete network design for the case study.
2. Write a detailed setup of network devices only for a LAN.
3. Write a detailed implementation report which includes configurations of each networking device which are included in the whole network.
4. Demonstrate and compare at least 2 configuration results which may include at least two switches/routers and two PCs on physical networking devices. [20 marks]
Section to be included in the report
1. Project scope : Outline of the report
2. Project hardware requirements : Name of the network device with manufacturer’s name, series, model and ports. Type of the cables and Name of the server, PC with specification such as operating system, RAM, hard disk etc.
3. Network Diagram : Network diagram is drawn and labelled
4. Network Design : Write justification of the network design
5. Network device configurations commands : Configuration commands to configure network
6. Network device configurations Demonstration on physical device : Demonstration of various features
7. Reference style : Follow IEEE reference style