Philosophy homework help.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 5, 6
- Minimum of 2 scholarly sources (in addition to the course textbook)
Ebook uploaded below: Rachels, S., & Rachels, J. (2019). The elements of moral philosophy (9th ed.).
This assignment is the first step in a three-part project. You only need to focus on part one at this point. Each step will build on earlier steps. However, it is not a matter of providing a rough draft of all or even part of the entire project here in week three. That is, further steps might require completely new and original text. At the same time, completing each step will aid you in completing a future step or future steps. And, you should use the same topic in all steps.
First, select a topic of moral controversy, debate, disagreement, and dispute, Examples of such topics are euthanasia, the death penalty, abortion, cloning, etc. You can pick any such topic. It need not be listed here.
Next, detail the positions of each side of the ethical debate. Note at least two moral reasons each side presents to show their view on the topic is correct.
Now, we want to evaluate these positions using the moral theories we studied this week:
- What would an Ethical Egoist say about this topic? What side would the Ethical Egoist take? What would the Ethical Egoist say to justify their moral position? Is there a conflict between loyalty to self and to community relevant to your topic? If so, how so? Note what you feel is the best course of action.
- What would a Social Contract Ethicist say about this topic? What side would the Social Contract Ethicist take? What would the Social Contract Ethicist say to justify their moral position? Does your topic involve a collision between personal obligations and national ones? If so, how so? Note what you feel is the best course of action.
Finally, reference and discuss any professional code of ethics relevant to your topics such as the AMA code for doctors, the ANA code for nurses, or any other pertinent professional code. State whether and how your chosen topic involves any conflicts between professional and familial duties.
Cite the textbook and incorporate outside sources, including citations.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 3-4pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook)
As you prepare to write your week three assignment, consider some of the topics listed below. Remember, you can choose any topic that you find relevant but I ask that you at least consider some of the topics related to current events in nursing as well as other shared topics below.
Attention deficit disorder
After selecting a topic, please take some time to look for at least five academic journal articles related to the topic selected within Chamberlain’s library database. Remember, selecting a topic is easy. The difficulty occurs when one does not give themselves enough time to work though the assignment so that it is completed by the time and due date listed. Again, find a topic that you are passionate about or at least have some interest. Then look for at least five academic journal articles related to your topic.
Keep in mind that it is good to write an introductory paragraph where you write a minimum of five complete sentences that tell readers what your paper will be about.
I hope this helps everyone in the course have a better start to drafting the week three assignment. Evenly important, have fun selecting and researching topics that will be a joy to write about. Also, you can review the week seven assignment to see an overview of the entire project but focus on week three’s assignment for now.