Rhetorical Analysis Essay.
Using the Ch. 6 “Guide to Writing a Rhetorical Analysis” write an “academic argument” (Ch. 17) in which you make a claim that demonstrates “how an argument works and [assesses the] effectiveness” (pg112) of your chosen text.
Claim: In order for students to succeed, they need to foster perseverance and grit.
- Clear claim (thesis) (pg115-116)
- Clear evidence for the claim (pg116)
- Effective organization and style (pg116-117)
- Accurate spelling, punctuation, mechanics, documentation, and format (pg117)
- Minimum 4 quotes from source (any length)
- Minimum 1 quote from chapter 6
- MLA Works Cited List correctly formatted
- Length: 3-4 pages
- Formatting: 12-point font, 1-inch margins, Title (unique), Name on document