State Credentialing Board Research Project (Obj. 6.1, 6.4, And 6.5).
Access the “State Credentialing Board Research Project Instructions.” Complete the project according to the assignment instructions.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
1.3: Demonstrate knowledge of requirements for licensure and certification for the practice of professional counseling.
2.2: Examine legal and professional ethical standards of professional counseling.
5.1: Differentiate between tiered levels of licensure or certification for professional counselors.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.1.g. Professional counseling credentialing, including certification, licensure, and accreditation practices and standards, and the effects of public policy on these issues.
5.C.2.k. Professional organizations, preparation standards, and credentials relevant to the practice of clinical mental health counseling.
5.F.2.n. Professional organizations, preparation standards, and credentials relevant to the practice of marriage, couple, and family counseling.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
20) Understand the addiction professional’s obligation to adhere to generally accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct in the helping relationship.
21) Understand the importance of ongoing supervision and continuing education in the delivery of client services.
35) Seek appropriate supervision and consultation.
47) Inform the client of his/her confidentiality rights, program procedures that safeguard them, and the exceptions imposed by statute.
65) Apply confidentiality-related legal restrictions appropriately.
66) Demonstrate respect and nonjudgmental attitudes toward the client in all contacts with other professionals or agencies.
110) Protect client rights to privacy and confidentiality in the preparation and handling of records, especially in relation to the communication of client information with third parties.
112) Prepare and record treatment and continuing care plans that are consistent with agency standards and comply with applicable administrative rules.
116) Demonstrate ethical behaviors by adhering to established professional codes of ethics that define the professional context within which the counselor works, in order to maintain professional standards and safeguard the client.
118) Adhere to federal and state laws, and agency regulations, regarding addictions treatment.
121) Conduct culturally appropriate self-evaluations of professional performance, applying ethical, legal, and professional standards to enhance self-awareness and performance.
122) Obtain appropriate continuing professional education.
State has to be Texas.