Statistics Assessment Unit 7 Simple Linear Regression Due Saturday.
Assessment Unit 7 Simple Linear Regression due Saturday
Evaluation Title: Assignment 7 Rubric
Instructions: In this assignment, you use linear regression to calculate the expected after exercising heart rate.
- Open the Heart Rate database and identify the X-variable (resting) and the Y-variable (after exercise).
- Use the Scatter Plot function in the Insert Charts section of Excel to create a scatter plot of the X and Y variables
- Add a trendline to the scatter plot (Find and View a YouTube video on how to do this if you need help)
- Use the Data Analysis tools in Excel to perform regression analysis on the X and Y variables
- In a Word document, describe the relationship between the X-variable (rest heart rate) and the Y-Variable (after exercise). Make certain you include the estimates for the intercept and the slope coefficients.
Additional Instructions: Your assignment should be typed into a Word or other word processing document, formatted in APA style.
Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
Correlation: Against all odds: Inside statistics [Video file]. (2013). Retrieved August 2, 2017, from https://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=104861&xtid=111531