Unit 2 DB.
Type: Discussion Board
Unit: Cost Behavior Patterns and Concepts
Due Date: Tue, 5/25/18
Deliverable Length: 750 – 1,000 words (not including title page and references)
Define fixed, variable and mixed costs, determine cost behavior patterns, and explain how these different patterns affect operating and pricing decisions.
Explain different cost concepts such as full costing, variable costing, target costing, lifecycle costing, and activity-based costing, and recommend which to use to solve different business issues.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
As EEC’s corporate business financial analyst, you will need to have a clear understanding of the different types of costs (variable, fixed, and mixed) that the company carries. Complete the following for this assignment:
- Review EEC’s journal activity.
- Define and identify its variable, fixed, and mixed costs.
- Determine what affect a sales volume increase or decrease will have on unit fixed cost, unit variable cost, total fixed cost, and total variable cost.
Click here to view EEC’s journal activity.
As an EEC corporate business financial analyst, you must have an expert understanding of the various costing methods. Select 1 of the following costing concepts:
- Full costing or absorption costing
- Variable costing
- Target costing
- Life cycle costing
- Activity-based costing
Respond to the following questions on the costing concept that you selected:
- Provide the definition of the concept.
- Discuss how and when the concept could be used by EEC.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the concept as it relates to EEC.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.